Suicide Bereavement has been described as “grief with the volume turned up”.
Everyone impacted by suicide will have a unique experience. Our support is for anyone impacted by suicide within the county of Devon (see our North Somerset page for our support in that area) and is available for adults and children. We do not hold waiting lists so our support begins within 48 hours of you contacting us and it continues for as long as you need.
How can we help?
If you need advice or support, do not hesitate to contact us via our online referral form (which you can find on the 'Contact' page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or just give us a call on 01395 277780.
- Provide a resource pack tailored specifically to your needs
- We offer a listening service which can be through face-to-face visits, over the telephone or even by email, whichever is right for you
- Offer practical advice and assistance on issues such as: how to inform others of the death, dealing with the media, wills and probate, applying for benefits, funeral arrangements, inquest advice and support and/or anything else that is causing concern
- Source and liaise with other appropriate support services to ensure that you get the right help for you just when it is really needed
- Counselling, alternative therapies, peer support and events & activities
- Regular 8 week Grief Recovery courses which teach small and correct steps to resolve grief and say goodbye to the pain, isolation and loneliness caused by significant emotional loss
- Mindfulness through play and THRIVE
- Regular workshops and learning events focused towards emotional and physical wellbeing