We are so proud of what our amazing volunteers and fundraisers have achieved!
Since we began in 2010, our Dragons have completed various challenges and raised money by climbing huge mountains, skydiving silly heights, cycling crazy distances, bungee jumping wild rivers, waxing hairy backs and much more. There are countless other Dragons who bake cakes, run craft fairs, play golf and hold clothes swaps. We admit that our Dragons might not have real dragon wings or indeed breathe fire... but they are just as powerful.
We feel very blessed that through the combined efforts of countless inspirational Dragons, we have raised thousands of pounds for charities that work directly in suicide prevention or in the provision of after care services for the bereaved. With their incredible bravery, fortitude, innovation and silliness their efforts have resulted in;
Land Rover affectionately named the ‘Dragon Wagon’ for Cornwall Search and Rescue
- A defibrillator which became known as the ‘Dragon Heart’ for Cornwall Search and Rescue
- Enough money to pay for several child bereavement sessions with Balloons
- Thousands of pounds to help maintain essential services provided by Samaritans of Exeter
- A significant donation towards veteran suicide prevention initiatives.
- Money to finance our Comfort Grant and Hug in a Hamper schemes
- The renovation of our HQ to include meeting and
teaching rooms, a therapy room and a self-contained three-bedroomed holiday
- Funds to provide specialist bereavement support